Pages

Sunday, April 18, 2010

School Tomorrow

I really don't like the last weekend of the school holidays. I didn't like it when I was at school and I don't like it now that I am a parent. I like the days to be carefree with no timetable to follow. Time for lavish morning or afternoon teas and no driving to music lessons or sporting events.

Tomorrow however, it is back to routine. The books will be back out first thing and we will get down to some serious study after a luscious break. Fresh and ready to learn.

The holidays were productivetoo. The children had fun and a few spats as well and I got a lot done in the garden. I have also started to make a list of some of the things I would like to plant during the winter. More fruit trees will be going in when they arrive from Thistlebrook Nursery but at the top of my ornamental list is to plant some silver birch trees. I love the look of their bark and hope to make a little glade edged with the silver birch.

I am having trouble posting pictures tonight so this a bit of a boring post. I always prefer to see some pictures on other blogs and mine too. Hopefully things will be sorted by the next time I post.
Until then,
Tracy

3 comments:

Tania said...

My son is sitting here this very minute getting his bag organised for school tomorrow. He is moaning and groaning about it "I hate school".

I'm with you on this one, it's great not to have to stick to routines and to be able do different things especially now the weather is lovely.

Back at it, but it is another long weekend next week, won't be long and the holidays will soon be here again...

Tania

Vickie said...

oh I so hear you on the first paragraph Tracy I loathed when the holidays ended..back to boring routine do this do that at this time blah blah blah.(was so happy once the kids had finished school).good to hear you and the children have enjoyed the holiday break,cheers Vickie

Paola said...

Yes, I feel your pain. I love not having to be anywhere at any particular time during the holidays.