Pages

Thursday, October 14, 2010

Rosy Glow

After a much needed good nights sleep, the world looks better today. The weather is a bit glum but my weariness has passed and all is right for me anyway. I made a cake this morning to have for afternoon tea, it is an Earl Grey tea cake. It is basically a light boiled fruit cake. If it passes the taste test this afternoon, I will post a picture and the recipe soon. It smelt good in the oven if that is any indication.
Seduction
I took a turn around the rose garden while the cake cooked and took a few snaps of the roses which are already in flower. There were a few more varieties with blooms but blogger only allows me to load five photos per post.


Graham Thomas
A lot of the roses I have are purchased because of their names. My son's name is Thomas therefore the Graham Thomas rose. This rose is a great bush. It doesn't seem to be bothered by any of the problems that roses can have and it has grown quite quickly.
Fire Fighter

The Fire Fighter rose is only a new addition. I gave it to my fire fighter husband, Tim. It is also a charity rose with proceeds from the sale going to the Rural Fire Service.

Gold Medal
My Gold Medal rose is lovely. It is new too and was a gift from my son for my birthday. I will pretend he gave it to me because he thought I deserve the gold medal when in fact he probably just liked the colour of the flowers. The flowers on this one start off this lovely deep golden colour and fade to almost white when full blown.

Now that I have enjoyed the roses, I really think it is time to do something about the bugs that live there.

Tracy

2 comments:

weather said...
This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.
Paola said...

Glad you are feeling better. Your roses look great. Do you get much black spot? Here on the coast it's a constant battle.