Pages

Monday, July 4, 2011

Cloudy Weather

I love gardening in cloudy weather. Rugged up in a warm jacket. Today has been one of those days. The kids are all on school holidays so routine is out the window and it the day is ours to do as we please. I have been outside for most of the day. The daffodils have started flowering and provided a little bit of sunshiny colour to an otherwise grey day.


Camellia "Yuletide"

The home Tim and I bought when we married had many mature camellias. The camellias were such a garden feature that we called our home "Camellia Cottage". It was the start of my love for camellias. I think they have an understated beauty. Sunny Corner Farm had none when we arrived and the ones we have planted are putting on their show now. The above is a variety called Yuletide. This specimen has survived, drought, grasshoppers, sheep and a shetland pony attack and is finally flowering. Just like the other camellias in the garden, it has what I think is a subtle green tea fragrance. Lovely.

While I had the camera outside with me, I snapped a picture of Colin the turkey. He is very proud and not the bird you want following you around the garden. I like him anyway.

Tracy



1 comment:

Lisa said...

Not a bird you'd want following you around? Oh, my.