Pages

Sunday, May 13, 2012

Mother's Day

Chrysanthemum and dahlias in the dining room
I can without a doubt say that being a mother to my children is the best part about my life (being a wife to their father is just as good too) so I celebrate being a mother every day in my heart. The kids really like secretly making cards and making or buying a little gift though and I gladly receive them. Tom even made me a card and sent me a chocolate because he does know my weakness. We had a lovely morning tea this morning with my Mum and Dad. Mum brought me these flowers and me being me, I will snip a bit off the bottom of the 'mums to strike for planting. It usually works and plants for free are a treat.

My long-suffering husband
Tim often seems to be rostered on to work Easter, Christmas and days marked as special on the calendar. Today was no exception. But he didn't miss out on a morning tea, we had a nice cream tea together last week in the garden. I think I missed out on playing tea parties as a child and I more than make up for it now, making an everyday cuppa an occasion. Thankfully I have a family that indulges my idiosyncrasies without complaint.

Now in an indulgence of my own (after I lock the poultry away for the day), I am going to sit about by the fire, crochet for a while and watch Anne of Green Gables. Dinner is easy tonight because it is Sunday soup night.

I do hope that everyone has had a happ Mother's Day, I have.
Tracy

6 comments:

Kimmie said...

Beautiful!

Vickie said...

gorgeous flowers ..oh my I love garden tea parties too..yep I think I missed out as a kiddo...lovely cheery post,cheers Vickie

Kim said...

Happy mothers day , Tracy.
Beautiful flowers, glad you had such a good day.

Lisa said...

Happy Mother's Day, Tracy! You've got the important stuff figured out. :)

Anonymous said...

Sounds like you had a lovely Mother's Day and a lovely family to share it with :)

Paola said...

Hi Tracy - glad you had a lovely Mother's Day. I did too. Hope you enjoyed watching Anne of Green Gables. I loved the books and the series was pretty good too - I must try and find the DVDs to show my daughter.