Pages

Friday, July 6, 2012

Screen Time

I have often read about parents trying to manage their children's screen time but sometimes in my house I think it is me who needs to rein in my screen time. It is just so easy to get caught up reading blogs or checking out Facebook or family history research. I really like my computer time but I don't want my life to be online and not in the real world afterall, then there would be nothing real to write about. In fact I really don't know how some people seem to manage to do so much and be able to write about it too. I wish I knew their secret to time management. I'm not even sure what a good balance is supposed to be. I guess it is different for everyone. I would probably spend on average an hour a day, six days per week online with blogging, emails and bits and pieces. Sometimes maybe a little more.How much time do others spend online?

Anyway, in my real world today, I have been doing some lovely things like making brownies and lime curd muffins, weeding the purple dragon carrot bed, planting some snow pea  and coriander seeds and I even did a samurai sudoku (which I love doing). We had a visitor to take Tom's picture for The Land newspaper and a phone call from my youngest sister. I also made some more compost which is about as unlovely as can be but oh so good at the same time. I also did a mountain of folding and ironing which has been waiting for a couple of days (lazy I know but it is the holidays). Doesn't make for much of a blog post but it is how it is in my very real and very ordinary home.
Tracy

5 comments:

Cheryl (aka Kayly) said...

Okay, I thought this post was about time management and NOT time wasting! So I have you to thank for me just bookmarking Samurai sudoku. LOL. We are regularly told to use and exercise our brains - at least that is my excuse.

Fiona said...

you get a lot done in your real world days... I love the interaction of blogs and do spend a lot of time with it....
Hugz

Tania said...

Oh yes, me too Tracy. I spend a lot of time "researching" but not much doing lol! I would hate to work out how much time I actually spend on here...

Mostly I love blogs and pick up some great ideas in my travels :) On the other hand Facebook is another thing that I feel I should live without, waste far too much time on there!

This past week though I have been limiting my computer time to try and catch up on a few things that really need doing, especially as the days have had beautiful sunshine in them, although the mornings are a bit frosty :) I cant believe that tomorrow will be 19C! I am going to revel in the sunshine for sure, hope it's not windy :/

x

Kim said...

It is easy to get caught up on line . Sounds like your real time is very well used though- we love school holiday pace too ...especially staying in pjs till 11am!
One way I limit my online stuff is doing it early before everyone wakes up and then try not to let myself go on during the day (it doesn't always work though as blogs like yours are so interesting).

sammy said...

Wow an hour online a day is most impressive! I do have a lot of computer time, but I don't sleep much so that works doesn't it??