Pages

Sunday, September 23, 2012

A new year for me.

 It was my birthday on Thursday so I have officially started a new year in my life. I spent it the best way I know how, with my whole family together. It meant a trip to Sydney (Tim was working there for a day so we were going anyway), visits with my sisters and some sightseeing. The closest I came to gardening or farming was stopping in at the beekeeping supply shop for well... beekeeping supplies.
 Grace, Hope and I had a great day in the city. We mostly skirted the shopping precinct and spent our day on the harbour foreshore and at the botanical gardens.
The gardens are a real treasure and definitely more than one trip is needed to appreciate them and have a good look around.

Now though it is back to real life at home. Asparagus needs to picked, I made sure that I harvested all that looked remotely promising before we left but there is a bunch or two in the garden that must be consumed... today. It is very much a right now vegetable and waits for no man. If you hesitate too long, it is gone. It unfurls its fronds and you are too late.
Tracy

6 comments:

Cathy Hetzel said...

Happy birthday...... Sound like you had a fantastic time with your family and being in Sydney ......I hope all your dreams come true for this upcoming year.....

Karen said...

Hope you had a nice birthday, the botanical garden's in Sydney are lovely arn't they. Its been a long time since iv'e had a stroll through them. I used to have lunch there when i was working in the city.

Janice said...

Happy birthday Tracy. What a wonderful way to celebrate the big day.

The little book of Nessie said...

Happy Birthday Tracy. You had a lovely way to celebrate your day. Botanical gardens and seeing family, great things to do. Regards, Nessie

Chookyblue...... said...

Happy birthday Tracy......

Becky said...

Happy Birthday! I'm so glad you got to spend it with your entire family and the gardens looking amazing.