Pages

Thursday, December 20, 2012

A different kind of post

I think I gab on a little too much about gardening, cooking and farm animals sometimes so today I will post something a bit different. I had to do some shopping yesterday and as I was in town, I headed to one of the town's Vinnie's stores. I went on the right day, it was $1 day and everything was $1 or less. I think I ended up with 10 items for $5 and I was really happy with my purchases.
 

 A coffee pot which Tim found and rightly thought it was just the thing for me. The little green vase is very cute and is made by Brody. I can't bring myself to tamper with it so I won't be drilling holes in it to plant some cacti or succulents but I might put a pot in there instead. Cacti and succulents can have a modern look but planted the right way and they have a real retro feel which would suit this vase totally. (That was borderline gardening so I will stop there).

I think I bought out the entire shop of Christmas cards. I couldn't resist. There are some vintage ones, some charity cards (which are also vintage) and also the pen and ink cards drawn by a year 8 student (or so the card says). I'm all set for cards for next Christmas (no end of the world thinking for me obviously). Too many brackets... sorry.

We had 6mm of rain last night which was so welcome and an overcas and humid day has followed today. And although the 80% humidity is not the best, the 26degrees C is compensation enough.
Tracy

8 comments:

Kylie said...

I love your thrifty finds Tracy, that little green pot would look lovely with a cactus insitu. I find my cacti (?) last quite well without a drainage hole if I am careful with their watering. Gorgeous cards too.

Tania said...

Great finds Tracy!

Love the coffee pot and the cards :)

You had rain? Lucky you, we are hotting up to 42C on Sunday, no rain in sight...

x

trishie said...

That's a lovely haul! I drove past my local Vinnies yesterday and saw the SALE sign at the door. I think it's calling me...hehe

Have a great Christmas, Tracy.xx

PS: I'm hosting my last giveaway for the year! It's an ecostore store gift pack valued at $100, hope you enter here: http://www.underlockandkeyblog.com/2012/12/ecostore-giveaway.html

Karen said...

What bargains you found...I have exactly the same coffee pot which belonged to my Mum, I display it on top of the stove. Rain....I wish we would get some..we were supposed to yesterday but I think it blew away!

Dee said...

Have you seen how much those coffee pots can go for on ebay ?

I had to wait months to get a reasonably priced one to take camping. I didn't want to spend $50 on a pot that would be put on the coals

Lisa said...

You did well!

Anonymous said...

Great purchases Tracy, maybe cactus and succulents would be my kind of gardening, I couldn't kill them surely :)

Joolz said...

Merry Christmas, Tracy! An unusual one for me this year, stay tuned for a blog post.