Pages

Sunday, December 2, 2012

Keeping Cool

Thanks for all the warm wishes to keep cool (?). As we are low on water, we haven't been able to have our evaporative cooler on so the only chance today was a trip to the swimming pool. I did a little grocery shopping in air conditioned comfort while Tim and the girls had a swim. Tom stayed at home and sweltered but that was his choice. It has cooled down a little now that the sun is behind the hills to our west so I have squeezed in a trip to the vegetable garden before a later than usual dinner.
 
 I was given some old plastic Christmas bells which had seen better days but they are good on the garden gate. Well I like them anyway.

 The zucchini Ronde de nice are coming along nicely. The other zucchini plants I have in are just starting to produce properly so these little ones will be in full swing when the older ones are waning.
 The hot weather has been good for the pumpkins. They are putting on a lot of growth just as long as I keep the water up to them.

 I checked back and I hadn't posted any pictures of our newest babies. The chickens hatched by mother turkey (the ones the snake tried to make a meal of). They aren't turkeys. They are in fact bantam chickens but she doesn't know and doesn't care for that matter.

And just because I loaded this picture on the computer today (I'm posting Christmas pictures on my Facebook page) I thought I would share it here too. It is from Christmas 1997 when Grace was just 2 months old . Time surely does fly by.
Tracy

6 comments:

Peg - Happy In Quilting said...

Your bells look great....very hot here as well...

Kimmie said...

I love the photo of the bells on your rustic gate!!

Becky said...

That it surely does - Time is fleeting!

Lisa said...

What a cute photo! I feel for you in the heat, Tracy - one of the things which makes it hard for me to really get into gardening, are the hot and quite humid summers we have. I totally lose my oomph.

Kim said...

AS for that last picture,...it seems like only yesterday doesn't it Tracy!
Lovely post.

Unknown said...

I always take longer in the supermarket when its hot outside...