Pages

Wednesday, May 7, 2014

Chilly

Sometimes weather forecasts are accurate and that was the case this past weekend. We may still have a few more weeks of autumn but it is wet and wintery now and will probably stay cold now until spring. I hope so!
 


Just a little bit of snow on the ground. Enough to bring sightseers out for a look and play and, enough to get cold and wet through.


Loads of fungi to look at too.  Some were cute.


And some were just interesting. Some were so short-lived that I didn't get a picture of them. They'll be back one day when everything is just right for them.

I've been staying inside a bit too. That's what you do when you find out you have holes in the bottom of your wellies. Take my word for it, feeding ducks in the rain with holey shoes is not the best chore here.



I've been crocheting just a wee bit, writing cards and letters and reading. I have a few books to get through now that were recommended by friends. This one, After Auschwitz by Eva Schloss,  I stumbled across at the library and I read it over a couple of nights. I do like fiction but I really enjoy books that make me think and make me want to be a better person. I'd recommend this one for that alone.
Tracy

5 comments:

Susan said...

It looks a wonderland with the sprinkling of snow and such amazing toadstools. I am with you about the cold weather, love Autumn and winter. Enjoy your reading time.

Anonymous said...

Hi Tracy what pretty pics you have taken,love the toadstool ones,stay warm my friend.xx

Anonymous said...

sounds idyllic weather to me! A crazy 21 degrees in Auckland today and yesterday - short skirt, tee and sandals days! We are a lot warmer than down south. I would be so excited to see snow!

Lisa said...

That book does sound good, Tracy.
As for the cold weather, you may have it - I'm glad spring is here! :D

Janice said...

Brrrrr! You were colder than us. We didn't get snow, only the hills around us. They get the red fungi in the forests around Oberon, but I haven't seen one of the lattice ones before. Very peculiar. Your book sounds really interesting.