Pages

Friday, March 4, 2016

Five on Friday

I don't seem to have much to say on the blog lately. No, that isn't true, I just don't seem to take the time to sit and write. I am rarely at a loss for words so I could quite easily write about nothing here every day of the week. Trouble is, I don't want to write about nothing.
 
Well, it is Friday and that means Five on Friday. Amy has been poorly this week so I do hope she is feeling better now.
 
This week I'm just simply going to share five good things from my week. 
 
 One.
Temperature.

The temperatures this week have cooled to be relatively pleasant, in the mid to high 30s degreesC. This picture was taken last week when apparently the coolest spot in the house, according to Puss, was the fire place.

Today's outgoing mail

A cute friendship book in and looking for somewhere to go
 Two.
Mail
Letters in and out. The Month of Letters is over. I didn't write everyday nor did I send something everyday but I had fun and made some new friends. That's very good.

 Three.
Music
I love listening to music. Not just listening, I like to sing and dance to it as well. This week I've been stuck in the 70s and 80s and I don't see that changing anytime soon.

 Four.
Books
I picked up my reserved books from the library so I have some good things to fill my mind during the week. A re-read of Burial Rites by Hannah Kent, School's Out by Jack Sheffield and Wild by Cheryl Strayed. I listened to her speak on the radio a couple of years ago and have been waiting for my library to get the book ever since.

Five.
Friday Night with Friends
It's the first Friday of the month so I am joining in with lots of other bloggers who craft and having a fun night in sewing. The big decision now, what to do? Sew, knit, crochet. We'll see?

There have been other good things too. My son visiting is the best but I didn't take any photos. My visit to the forest. A particularly good cup of tea. Lots of little things and it's nice when the good outnumber the bad.

I hope you've had a good week too.
Tracy

17 comments:

Anonymous said...

Hi Tracy ,lovely post so glad you have lots of happy things happening ,enjoy the weekend my friend xx

mamasmercantile said...

I am stuck in the 70s and 80s with my music choices too. Take care.

Linda P said...

Hello Tracy. It looks as if you've had a good week enjoying your son's visit, writing and receiving letters, listening to music and joining in the Friday Night with Friends with other bloggers who do crafting. An interesting lot of books awaiting to be read. I've heard Jack Sheffield speak at our city's literary festival as he's from our area. He's an entertaining speaker as you can imagine from his books on his teaching days. I'm sure the cooler temperatures makes life more pleasant. I feel for the animals and the need to find a cool spot. Have a lovely weekend.

Lisa from @intotheglade said...

It sounds like a great week! Your cat is so cute and obviously has the right idea. I love your music collection too, I am often the same when chossing music to do my housework to. Have fun tonight and a lovely weekend! xx

The History Anorak said...

Hall and Oates! Oh my.... long time no listen. Now I'll have to go to YouTube and see what I can find. Absolutely nothing wrong with being stuck in the 70s and 80s.

riitta k said...

Your cat knows how to relax :) Enjoy your evening with your friends!

eclectichomelife said...

I am feeling terribly quilty as I have yet to post you a letter and we are now in March!!! I aim to do it but I wanted the letter to be lovely and life has been wildly busy . What I should have done was just sit and write it! I will I promise...

Mac n' Janet said...

I like to sing to the music too. I use my MP3 player when I do my aerobics and I huff and puff and sing along---John Denver's been a favorite of mine for many a year.

Amy at love made my home said...

Lovely moments from your week, I am sure that you are glad about the cooler, for you, weather. Thank you for sharing at Five on Friday, hope that you have a great weekend. xx

Tricky Wolf said...

thanks for sharing, We hope you have an amazing weekend
All The Best
Fast SoS

Patsy said...

We seem to love a lot of the same things - Books, music, kitties, crochet, our sons, a cup of tea, friends, blogging.

Now if I could only learn how to knit and sew!

Latane Barton said...

Five very important favorite things... I like those.

Cheryll said...

Hope the weekend made you feel better. EnJoY your Sunday...xox

Coastal Ripples said...

Yes I get stuck in a time warp with music sometimes...I'm in the 90,s at the moment. Glad it's a bit cooler for you. Barbara

Sara - Villa Emilia said...

Hello, Tracy! What a lovely and interesting Five!
Your cat looks super cute.
Have a great and still a bit cooler new week! :)

doodles n daydreams said...

It looks like your week has been reasonably busy. Love the photo of Puss cooling off on the stove. I've read the Jack Sheffield book, nice easy reading, I enjoyed it. It's part of a series but stands alone as a story.
Have a nice week.

Diana

Rosie said...

Five lovely things from your week. Glad the temperatures are better for you and for Puss who seems to have found the coolest place in what should be one of the warmest:)