Pages

Friday, April 1, 2016

Planting today

I really wanted to get some things in the ground today. My fingers were metaphorically itching to do so. Not just seeds but something green that I can see and be inspired by. So I did spend my pocket money on some plants. Just a few bits and pieces that looked good- vegies, herbs, flowers. I was tempted by a small apple tree marked down too but I'd already paid and left but I might send Tim back while he is at work tomorrow.
 

And I have had an enjoyable afternoon outside planting. Often it is a case of trying to squeeze things in here and there and bringing home plants or sowing seeds without thought as to where they can or will fit. Not today, I had plenty of room and space for the seedlings that are coming along in the greenhouse too. It's a nice change.


 I have been nurturing some free plants too and will transplant those soon. Herbs that have sprung up in the pebbles the make a path through my herb garden. No they haven't really just sprung up, I've been remiss in keeping the path overly tidy and along with the weeds, there are some non-weeds too.


Free thyme, salad burnett, lavenders (about 50 tiny ones), oregano and wormwood. And maybe on perusal there might be some other goodies to plant out too. I hope so.


 If I was in doubt about the seasons turning, I have proof enough for me and my garden, some self-sown peas.  The seeds have been there biding their time since last year and now they tell me it's time to plant peas. I wasn't going to grow them in that garden bed because I grew them there last year but I struggle with pulling out good healthy plants. So I guess I will grow yellow podded peas in bed 5.

And because the peas told me it was really was the beginnings of autumn, I took a look for some sneaky asparagus and here it is. There is always a small crop in early autumn when the day lengths are similar to those of earl

2 comments:

Cheryll said...

EnJoY your weekend...xox

kiwikid said...

That is pretty special to find asparagus, one of my favourite veges!! I oove how the garden talks to you and leys you know when it is time for things to be done. Hope all the self sewn plants move happily for you.